Getting started with Fleet Track
- In order to get started with Fleet Track, you will be required to enter in your Company’s information including staff and asset details, designated contacts to receive report and alert information, create geofences and establish divisions. Once you have done this, you are ready to go.
- The assets page allows you to edit information including registration details, allocate assets to a division, update odometer reading and engine hours and match it to a designated driver.
- The staff page allows you to add a new member including personal contact details, licence details and allocate a login. You are also able to view existing (and removed) staff member information.
- The Geofence enables you to create virtual boundaries and are useful when you would like your staff to remain on the job site during work hours or creating a Geofence around locations you would like to set up as out of bounds. Both will send alerts as to whether the boundary was crossed through entering the Geofence or exiting. In this section, you can view both existing and inactive geofences also shown on a map as well as create new geofences. Once set up you will need to create a Geofence alert (either entry or exit) so that when the boundary is crossed, an email will be sent to the designated manager.
- Divisions allows you to add managers and other select staff members who will receive the reports and alerts.
- Click on the settings page and select assets to view all vehicles in your fleet
- Alternatively, you are able to advance your search of a particular asset using the filtering table on the top left hand side of the page
- Select an asset/Fleet ID from the list provided in order to update the asset’s information.
- Displayed is information to be completed including registration, division the asset is to be assigned to, changing the designated driver, entering in the current odometer reading and engine hours and when you would like to update the new information.
- If the driver’s name does not appear on the dropdown menu, you are able to do add this by clicking on the Add new driver to staff list button. This will then take you to a page to complete (see below) about the personal details of the driver (also found on the staff page).
- You are able to then add the staff member as the designated driver.
- To create staff profiles, click on the staff button in settings.
- You are able to view existing staff (as well as removed staff members) as well as add a new staff member.
- If you would like to edit or add information about an existing staff member, click on the name of the staff member and add/edit the desired information and click save.
- Adding a new staff member you need to click on New Staff Member that will require you to fill out information including name, contact number, email and job title in the company.
- The Fleet Office System Role provides a list to select from that determines the amount of access the staff member has. This includes:
- No web access – This is the minimum role required for all asset drivers. A driver can’t be added unless they are in staff.
- Read only web access – Can access information on the Fleet Track’s interface but cannot make any changes
- Divisional manager – This person will receive alerts and reports for any vehicle allocated to their division
- Senior manager/Director – Has read/write access for all elements
- Enter in the driving licence details otherwise the driver details will be rejected. If you would like to receive a reminder when a driver’s licence is due to expire, you will need to create a report for this to happen.
- A log in is allocated to staff members and only the Divisional manager and Senior manager/Director can do this. The log in details will be hidden for all other staff members.
A Geofence is a virtual barrier and once created it will be represented on the map in red to show the boundary. You can set up as many geofences as you would like. If any vehicle in your fleet that is fitted with telematics enters or exists the Geofence, an alert is sent to the designated recipient via email. Once you create your geofence and save it, you will need to create an alert in the alerts section to set up who will receive the alert and the type of geofence whether that is geofence entry (alerts sent only if someone enters the boundary) and geofence exit (alerts sent only if someone exits the boundary).
- Click on settings icon then again on the Geofences button.
- You are able to view a list of your existing geofences including inactive ones. Click view map to view it on google maps.
- To create a new geofence, click on Add New Geofence
- You are able to enter in a street address, suburb or post code otherwise use the drop down menu including states in Australia and zoom in on your desired location.
- Once you have found your location, move the map so it appears in the centre of the screen.
- Follow the instructions at the top of the map and right-click near the centre of the new geofence area and a red square will appear.
- Then use the mouse and left-click on the red circles located on the corners to position the red line on your boundary.
- While doing this, you will notice every time you drag one to change the shape, two more will appear so that your geofence is placed as close to your desired boundary as possible.
- Once you are satisfied with the new geofence shape, click on save geofence.
- The geofence will only be activated once you have set up a new alert ie alerts will not be sent until until the designated email recipient’s details are entered into the alerts page.
- You can change the status of your geofence from active to inactive on this page. The status needs to be active in order for alerts to be sent.
- Your Companies profile will require you to create at least one division. Divisions are useful for companies who have different individuals in charge of different areas or job sites who may only wish to receive information about specific vehicles in the fleet.
- You are able to set up as many divisions as you like.
- The manager of the division is the person who will receive the alerts and reports. Once this page has been set up and also confirmed in the reports and alerts pages, you will start to receive emails.
- From the settings page, click on the Divisions button. Here you will see a list of existing divisions. If you click on one of the divisions, you are able to edit all information here.
- If you would like to create a new division, click on Add New Division.
- You will be required to fill out the empty fields and use the drop down menu to make your selection. If your manager’s name does not appear, you will need to create this person’s profile on the Staff page which is also under settings.
- If you would like other individuals in the Company to receive reports and alerts as well as the Manager, you have the option to add individuals for both reports and alerts.